If you are a busy professional, a Time For Your Life workshop or retreat will transform how you think about your time. Managing your time is not fundamentally about calendars and apps, it’s about managing yourself.
Procrastination and time management cause unnecessary stress and limit our productivity, creativity, and success. The main reasons we procrastinate are a failure of self-regulation, failure to manage negative emotions around tasks, and poor planning or execution. In the workplace, procrastination costs employers about $10,000 per individual per year. Individually, it can cost us our health, career success, and well-being.
The solution starts with understanding why we procrastinate and how we can manage our time better. We will delve into the thought patterns that lead to procrastination and examine motivation and motivational conflict. Through this workshop, you will:
- Understand the cognitive, motivational, and operational factors that currently limit your time management.
- Develop and articulate your big mission, vision, and values.
- Start to make your goals a reality through intentional planning and prioritization.
- Learn how to manage your mind to do things that are difficult and to confront imposterism and the fear of failure.
- Understand how to work efficiently with a deep level of focus.
This 4-week workshop will help catalyze change in your life. The Time for your Life workshop is an intense, month-long, paradigm-shifting experience that will help you think differently about your time.
Consider this a personal training program for your time management. If you are a beginner at time management or a long-time procrastinator, this workshop will help you make major changes. If you are already an expert at time management, this workshop will help you better understand your own mind and change it to become even more effective. Think about athletes or musicians, it’s the elite performers who need expert coaching to improve.
You cannot change your time management habits just by listening to new ideas any more than you can change your health by watching someone else exercise. However, you can change with effort, guidance… and homework.
Who would benefit from a workshop?
This workshop will help if you are:
- A busy professional who wants to be able to accomplish more.
- Feeling stuck in a rut at your current productivity level.
- Constantly feeling overwhelmed by everything you have to do.
- A high performer but unsure of how to take your level of focus and productivity to the next level.
- Struggling with a pattern of avoiding certain tasks and aren’t sure why.
- Drowning in emails and to-do lists.
- A chronic procrastinator who approaches their life with resignation.
- Unsure why you procrastinate on certain tasks.
- Ready to get your calendar, your mind, and your life under control.
Workshops and Retreats
Contact me directly here for more information or to schedule a workshop. I offer several different options to fit your department or institution’s needs:
- A 1-hour lecture in person or over zoom.
- A 3-hour retreat. The retreat is fast-paced, in-depth, and highly interactive. It can be in person or over zoom.
- A four-week workshop series with 1.5 hours of time live over zoom per week and 2 hours of individual, asynchronous work per week. For physicians, the workshop can include up to 12 hours of CME credit for the live and asynchronous work.
Self-Paced Online Workshop
This self-paced online workshop includes a series of 8 hours of videos with a reflective workbook that you complete at your own pace. It will teach you the cognitive, motivational, and operational keys to improving your time management. This series is open at any time and does not require live meetings. For physicians, this online series includes 8 hours of CME credit as you watch the videos and complete a reflection on what you have learned.
Sign up for inspiration and time management ideas: